UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Keep an eye on our channels for future opportunities.
We’re looking for a Digital Content Assistant to support the Communications and Partnership Managers in sharing the eXXpedition Round the World story with the world.
Location: London, UK
Salary: £22,500 – £24,000 depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Length of appointment: Six-month to one-year contract with option to renew
Time commitment: Full-time
eXXpedition is a Community Interest Company and non-profit organisation that runs pioneering all-female sailing research expeditions to investigate the causes of and solutions to ocean plastic pollution.
At the beginning of October, we embarked on our most ambitious mission yet: circumnavigating the world, crossing four of the five oceanic plastic accumulation zones. 2 years. 30 voyages. 300 women onboard. Throughout eXXpedition Round the World, we are scaling our efforts globally to enable and inspire a community of changemakers. We are also working with brands to create global change on the plastics issue.
We are looking for a Digital Content Assistant to help us maximise our positive impact.
eXXpedition is on a mission to:
SUPPORT SOLUTIONS SCIENCE by contributing to world class scientific studies that are urgently needed to inform up-stream solutions and close the loop on plastic waste on land.
SHIFT PERCEPTIONS by using our platform to inform and educate so that people can better understand the real problem of micro-plastics and use that to shape actions and solutions.
CREATE A COMMUNITY of changemakers and inspiring global ambassadors to tackle plastic pollution both at sea and back on dry land. During their ocean experience participants discover the power of their individual roles in addressing the issues. Empowered by their first-hand experience at sea we provide the tools, confidence and support they need to become effective leaders who can influence meaningful impact through their personal and professional communities.
While our crews are out at sea, this position is based on land, helping shift the way people feel, think and act about to help solve the plastic pollution issue.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of eXXpedition social media during the Round the World voyages, including:
- Supporting our Communications and Partnership managers on overall content strategy
- Creation of social media content, including drafting of copy, and editing of images and short social videos
- Posting across our social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Delivering on social media commitments for our friends, partners and sponsors
- Proactively engaging with our community and coming up with new ideas for content
- Measuring the performance of our content and social media channels
- Managing timely, relevant responses to social media messages
- Management of content library (photos and videos) from each voyage leg, including uploading, filing, and selecting the ‘best of’ for our dispatches
- Updating of website, including events, media coverage and crew pages
- Creation, editing and uploading of blog content to the eXXpedition website
- Creation, editing and uploading of newsletter content, sent to our eXXpedition mailing list
- Management of media and content enquiries
- Monitoring, logging and archiving of media coverage
- Providing support at media events, press conferences and media launches
This position is a great opportunity to get a foot in the door working with an environmental organisation, while gaining experience in content management and storytelling.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Cheerful, proactive, and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Organised, and pays attention to detail
- Demonstrable interest in plastic pollution and ocean health
- Good eye for content, with experience publishing across social channels (personal or business accounts)
- Strong writing skills with experience of writing for online platforms
- Experience working within small and/ or remote teams (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience of using content management systems, such as WordPress
- Some experience with photography and video editing
- Experience of using Google Drive (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience of newsletter software, such as Mailchimp (preferred, but not essential)
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com.
Navarino technology keeps eXXpedition online wherever we go.