We are no longer accepting applications for this role. Please keep an eye on our social media and this blog for future opportunities.
New role: Community and Partnerships Manager
At eXXpedition we believe that in order to create long lasting change we need to take people on the journey with us! That’s why over the last 7 years we’ve taken 260 multidisciplinary, multinational women on voyages, at sea and virtually, to see plastic pollution first hand and to help them find their role to tackle it. We have engaged thousands of media channels, built an online social community, and established relationships with hundreds of partners to support and amplify our work.
Having recently completed our ‘Round the World’ project, eXXpedition is moving into a new phase to focus on scaling our impact through this growing community. We are hiring new team members to work with us to:
- lead education sessions and facilitate experiences for our community
- foster impactful relationships with our partners and stakeholders
- create engaging content to communicate our activities and impact.
Location: Remote, but within reach of South West London for regular in-person team meetings
Salary: Dependant on experience (we may hire one junior and one senior role)
Start date: ASAP
Time commitment: Full-time or part-time
To Apply: Please send your CV and information on why you are interested in this role to email@example.com. If relevant, please also include examples of your work. Interviews will be held via zoom week commencing 2nd August 2021.
This is the full list of responsibilities we are looking to fill between one or two people. Roles will be tailored to the skillsets of the successful applicants.
Education & Facilitation:
- Organise, host and facilitate engaging sessions on tackling plastic pollution such as training workshops, community events and future eXXpedition Virtual Voyages
- Coordinate our Ambassador community, including managing our online social platform, facilitating connections within our network, and tracking impact
- Develop and manage relationships with current and future partners, donors and brands
- Identify and deliver on impactful opportunities with our partners
Social Media and Communications:
- Create content and manage social media across @eXXpedition and @jointheSHiFT channels
- Create or commission content to share our impact, such as:
- Written content eg. blogs
- Video editing, especially social / event videos
- Infographics for science communication
- Graphic asset creation for social media, online events and the SHiFT platform
- Manage website updates and the eXXpedition media archive
- Cheerful, proactive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of plastic pollution and ocean health
- A passionate communicator and educator who is keen to help others develop
- A people person who enjoys building and maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders, from individuals to brands
- An organiser who knows how to plan, prioritise and juggle multiple projects within a small team environment
- A creator who can spot opportunities and deliver on them
- Ability to work virtually in collaboration with our dispersed team, as well work autonomously and proactively
- Experience managing social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Experience using WordPress
- Experience using Google Drive
- Experience using newsletter software, such as SendinBlue
- Experience using graphic design tools such as Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
eXXpedition is a Community Interest Company and not-for-profit organisation on a mission to help people understand the true ocean plastic and toxic pollution problem, so they can use their skills to solve it from sea to source.
SUPPORT SOLUTIONS SCIENCE
by contributing to world class scientific studies that are urgently needed to inform upstream solutions and close the loop on plastic waste on land
by using our platform to inform and educate so that people can better understand the real problem of microplastics and use that to shape actions and solutions
CREATE A COMMUNITY
by empowering our network of inspiring leaders to create shifts in their community and beyond in order to tackle plastic pollution
More info at www.exxpedition.com