We are looking for someone to fulfil a Community Support role to help support our eXXpedition core team, guest crew members, ambassadors and wider stakeholders.
Job Description – eXXpedition Community Support
Position title: eXXpedition Community Support
Purpose: To provide administrative support to the eXXpedition core team, eXXpedition crew and wider eXXpedition community.
Location: London, UK
Salary: £22,500-£24,000 depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Length of appointment: Three-month to one-year contract with option to renew
Time commitment: Full-time
eXXpedition is a Community Interest Company and non-profit organisation that runs pioneering all-female sailing research expeditions to investigate the causes of and solutions to ocean plastic pollution.
At the beginning of October 2019, we embarked on our most ambitious mission yet: circumnavigating the world, crossing four of the five oceanic plastic accumulation zones. 2 years. 30 voyages. 300 women onboard. Throughout eXXpedition Round the World, we are scaling our efforts globally to enable and inspire a community of changemakers. We are also working with brands to create global change on the plastics issue.
eXXpedition is on a mission to:
SUPPORT SOLUTIONS SCIENCE by contributing to world class scientific studies that are urgently needed to inform up-stream solutions and close the loop on plastic waste on land.
SHIFT PERCEPTIONS by using our platform to inform and educate so that people can better understand the real problem of micro-plastics and use that to shape actions and solutions.
CREATE A COMMUNITY of changemakers and inspiring global ambassadors to tackle plastic pollution both at sea and back on dry land. During their ocean experience participants discover the power of their individual roles in addressing the issues. Empowered by their first-hand experience at sea we provide the tools, confidence and support they need to become effective leaders who can influence meaningful impact through their personal and professional communities.
While our crews are out at sea, this position is based on land in London, UK.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support for the wider team
- Responsible for customer service, including responding to general queries from the public, crew members and ambassadors
- Management of the crew on-boarding process
- Support for organisation of on-shore events and workshops, including management of guest lists
- Management of online ambassador platform (currently in development)
- Updating of eXXpedition website, as required – particularly the crew pages
- Management of the eXXpedition contact lists and implementation of CRM system
- Be the champion for ambassadors, ensuring events and stories of ambassadors are shared and included in our regular outreach (newsletters, press releases, blog posts, social media, etc)
- Management of ambassador outreach opportunities and matching ambassadors with opportunities
This is a great opportunity to get a foot in the door working with an environmental organisation, while gaining experience in operations and community management.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Cheerful, proactive, and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Showing a demonstrable interest in plastic pollution and ocean health
- Exceptionally organised with an eye for detail
- Able to manage a diverse and constantly changing workload… and still meet deadlines
- Adaptable. We are a small organisation with evolving needs
- Great at customer service, and enjoys going above and beyond expectations
- Good with software. You might not have used a system before, but you know you will be able to pick it up quickly
- Experience working within small and/ or remote teams (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience of using content management systems, such as WordPress (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience of using Google Drive (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience of newsletter software, such as Mailchimp (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience of using CRM systems, such as HubSpot (preferred, but not essential)
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org