Photo blog: eXXpedition Round Britain on the Caledonian Canal
by eXXpedition Co-founder Emily Penn and eXXpedition Round Britain crew member Carol Devine
1. Good morning! Sun rising on our anchorage in Fort William
2. First order of the day… science! We took samples of sediment, nano plastics, PFOS, salinity, pH and turbidity… and changed the air filter!! All before 7:30am…
3. Weighing anchor and making way to our first lock of the day. Caledonian Canal here we come!
4. Sea Dragon posing in front of Ben Nevis
5. Climbing Neptune’s staircase. A grand total of 8 locks in a row
6. Rigging up the spinnaker pole in preparation to deploy the manta trawl through Loch Lochy
7. Pulling in to the last lock of the day. Here we are in Fort Augustus, getting set to sail through Loch Ness tomorrow!
The Round Britain Crew will be sending us daily updates from Sea Dragon, which will be posted here on the eXXpedition website. You will also be able to see updates from the crew and ground team throughout Round Britain on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Curious about where Sea Dragon is RIGHT NOW? Click here to see exactly where she is!