eXXpedition is hiring a Media Support Assistant to help us maximise the positive impact of our Round the World voyages.
Purpose: To support the Media and Communications Manager in sharing the eXXpedition Round the World story
Location: London, UK
Salary: £20-23k depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Length of appointment: One year contract with option to renew
Time commitment: Full-time
eXXpedition is scaling its efforts worldwide to enable and inspire a community of changemakers. We are looking for a Media Support Assistant to help us maximise our positive impact.
eXXpedition is on a mission to:
SUPPORT SOLUTIONS SCIENCE by contributing to world class scientific studies that are urgently needed to inform up-stream solutions and close the loop on plastic waste on land.
CHALLENGE PERCEPTIONS by using our platform to inform and educate so that people can better understand the real problem of micro-plastics and use that to shape actions and solution.
CREATE A COMMUNITY of change-makers and inspiring global ambassadors to tackle plastic pollution both at sea and back on dry land. During their ocean experience participants discover the power of their individual roles in addressing the issues. Empowered by their first hand experience at sea we provide the tools, confidence and support they need to become effective leaders that can influence meaningful impact through their personal and professional communities.
CHANGE BEHAVIOURS by partnering with brands to help raise awareness for the issue along with developing innovations that close the tap on plastic pollution, helping consumers make more conscious decisions.
- Creation, editing and uploading of blog content to the eXXpedition website
- Update of website, including events, media coverage and crew pages
- Responsibility for the management of the eXXpedition photo library
- Management of eXXpedition social media during the Round the World voyages, including:
- Creation of social media content, including drafting of copy and editing of images
- Posting across our social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Delivering on social media commitments for our friends, partners and sponsors
- Creation of newsletters for different audiences
- Management of contact lists, including local and global press lists
- Media release distribution and follow up
- Providing support at media events, press conferences and media launches
- Management of media enquiries
- Drafting and proofreading of statements and releases
- Monitoring, logging and archiving of media coverage
- Generation of coverage books
- Continued idea generation for outreach
- Administrative support for the eXXpedition core team
- Cheerful, proactive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrable interest in plastic pollution and ocean health
- Passion for encouraging women in STEM careers
- Appreciation of the benefits of multidisciplinary working and collaboration
- Experience working within small and/ or remote teams
- Experience of using content management systems, such as WordPress
- Experience of using Google Drive (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience of newsletter software, such as Mailchimp (preferred, but not essential)
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.